top of page


You may have a ton of questions about personal or property insurance. At P. V. Esau Insurance Brokers Inc, we make sure none of your questions stays unanswered. Take a look at some of the common questions asked frequently by our customers. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us today.

What Documents Do I Need to Register My Vehicle?

To register a newly acquired vehicle, you need a completed Bill of Sale, a current Certificate of Inspection, and the Transfer of Ownership (TOD) document. Manitoba Safeties are valid for one year, so it doesn’t always need to be a new safety, but it needs to be current. The TOD is not a requirement for registration anymore; however, it is a good idea to have it, as it makes the registration process go faster and you can confirm ownership. 

Can I Change My Vehicle Insurance over the Phone?

We can make changes in person as well as authorization forms found in our forms tabs 

Can You Take Pictures for Passport or PAL?

We cannot take passport or PAL pictures.

How Can I Make a Claim?

  • If you would like to make an autopac claim, you can call 1-800-665-2410

  • To make a house insurance claim, you can call Curt at 204-434-6547

  • To make a travel insurance claim through Allianz, go to

  • To make a travel insurance claim through Blue Cross when you are within Canada or the Unites States, call toll-free at 1-866-601-2583 If you are in another country, or you are having difficulties with the toll-free number, call collect at 0-204-775-2583.

How Much Is the Insurance Going to Cost on My New Vehicle?

MPI has created an insurance rate calculator that can estimate how much your vehicle will cost to insure. This is the link to their website:

bottom of page